Am I A Fallen Flower?


I always wondered why people treated me poorly. I never knew why. I believed I did my best and was the best version of me. But why was it not enough? I was looking at a plumeria alba tree and I found out why I was not enough. I noticed that some of the flowers of the tree had fallen down and some of them were on the tree. The ones on the ground were being stamped upon by people and the ones on the tree stayed on. I understood then why I was treated poorly by people, it was because I was a flower but I had fallen. Let me explain: when a flower is on a tree, people admire it, pluck it, smell it, wear it, keep it in vases, gift it in bouquets, in short - they treat it well. But when a flower has fallen to the ground, it may still be as beautiful as the flower on the tree, it may still be as fragrant as the flower on the tree, yet people ignore this flower, they don't notice it, they stamp on it and ultimately the flower loses it beauty and fragrance. Was it the flower's fault? No, it was just the matter of location. Sometimes we do everything right but we are at the wrong place. The flower on the tree was admired only because it was on the tree. The flower on the ground was stamped upon only because it was on the ground. Sometimes, you don't have to change yourself but change the place that makes you miserable. It is impossible to change people - imagine a plumeria alba flower asking people to not stamp on it. But you can change where you are at. But, also, next time you see a plumeria alba flower on the ground, don't stamp it, because sometimes they can't help but stay where they are. This is true for us humans too, sometimes we can't help but stay where we are even though we know it makes us miserable. So, next time you see a person who is at the wrong place, please treat them nicely. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restaurants That I Ate At Recently (Part 5)

Books I Have Been Reading Recently (Part 10)

Five Most Patriotic Movies on Amazon Prime Video India Right Now