Books I have been reading recently (Part 2)

'Love, Theoretically' by Ali Hazelwood

So, I have read two other books by Ali Hazelwood which are 'Love on the brain' and 'Love Hypothesis', I liked both of them. I am yet to read 'Loathe to Love you' and I have just started reading 'Love, Theoretically.' So this book is about Elsie who has a PhD in Physics and works in the Physics department as well she works as a fake girlfriend where she pretends to be someone's girlfriend. The fake girlfriend job seems to be her main source of income as she is not yet being paid for her Physics job. She then meets - Jack who is the brother of her favorite client Greg and it so happens that Jack has ruined the career of many physicists including Elsie's mentor and that he is the one who stands between Elsie and the job that she needs. I haven't read that much but I am starting to like the book. I feel like it might be similar 'Love Hypothesis', what with the fake dating trope and all?

'Love Poems' by Pablo Neruda

I have been listening to this book through Audible and I have listened to a few poems as of now. I am listening to them in the translated English version. I was expecting the poems to be more non-explicit. I just feel like every poem has a kiss in it. Maybe I might change my mind after I complete the whole book, but as of now, I feel like the poems are lacking feeling and more concentrated on kissing. I have not read any of Pablo Neruda's other books, so I am not familiar with his style. Also, I just felt like the poems were too raw and not trying to hide anything, for example the words like 'breasts' and phrases like 'my mouth to your mouth' were being used often which made me a bit uncomfortable to listen to the poems without earphones on. I think it is because that the book has been translated that there is such a rawness, maybe in the original language, some other phrases were used or maybe such phrases are common in that language. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restaurants That I Ate At Recently (Part 5)

Books I Have Been Reading Recently (Part 10)

Five Most Patriotic Movies on Amazon Prime Video India Right Now