Reviews of Recently Released Movies (Part 2)

DD Returns


I had high expectations for this movie since I liked the first two movies in this series. But I was hugely disappointed. Since Santhanam was starring in the movie, I thought it would be really funny but it wasn't all that funny at all. The story is about a French family living in Pondicherry. These people play a game with the villagers and losers are shot by the family in the game. But the game has been rigged by one of the family members unbeknownst to the rest of them because this family member is greedy and doesn't want to give away money to the villagers and the winners of the game win money as a prize, so she cheats. All the villagers get angered by the deaths of their fellow villagers and decide to kill the French family. The French family members all die and remain as ghosts in their own house. In the current time, Santhanam and the rest of the crew enter the house to search for the stolen money they hid in the house and are forced by the ghosts to play the game. I felt like the plot was not very thick and could have been better. Overall, not a movie I would watch again.

Meg 2: The Trench

I think I liked the first Meg movie more than this one. I don't really remember the first Meg movie that much since I watched it a while ago but I remember enjoying it more than this one. But somethings I liked about this movie were the weird crocodile like things and the giant octopus, I think those were really unique. The plot was not as deep as the first Meg movie I think. I would have liked more of a backstory on the crocodile and octopus creatures and also on the illegal mining operation to feel more of a connect with the movie. I feel that the movies being released nowadays are missing something which makes us feel more connected to the characters and the storyline. The movies are just more forgettable. Like, for example, the Barbie movie, it had all this buzz and hype around it but it did not live up to that in my opinion. 

OMG 2

This was a truly amazing movie. The film revolves around a boy who starts masturbating, taking pills, applying oils, etcetera to grow his private parts as he is fooled into believing that they are small by some bullies at school. A video of him masturbating in the school bathroom is circulated and he is expelled from school. His father tries to leave town with his family but is advised to do otherwise by Lord Shiva's angel - Akshay Kumar. Akshay Kumar guides the boys father to put a case against the school, the medical shop people, etcetera who failed his son which led to the video. The movie shows the court hearings which were rather amusing and quite illuminating too. The movie seemed to promote sex education and emphasized that masturbation is normal and healthy. I think this movie is a must-watch. I really enjoyed the movie. It had everything - comedy, a moral, great plot, nice dialogues. I'm a true fan.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restaurants That I Ate At Recently (Part 5)

Books I Have Been Reading Recently (Part 10)

Five Most Patriotic Movies on Amazon Prime Video India Right Now