Books I Have Been Reading Recently (Part 3)

'Youth and Truth : Unplug with Sadhguru'

This book has the questions which were asked to Sadhguru while he visited educational institutions across India. This book also has the answers to those questions as were answered by Sadhguru. The book has around 200 something pages. And I am done with about 100 something pages. So I have completed half of the book. Thus far, I have found it interesting and enlightening. Sadhguru seems to be a man full of wisdom and his words are so helpful and illuminating. The questions asked are from a variety of topics ranging from education, career, self development, integrity, spirituality, yoga, religion etc. I hope to complete the book soon.

'Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us' by Daniel H Pink

I am reading this book through Kindle and I have completed about 7% of it as of now. I have just started reading it and yet I feel like this book has a very important message and I feel like I could learn and implement a lot of things from it. The book discusses about research which has been conducted in the field of motivation. In the initial chapter, it tries to explain to us that the way we think motivation works is wrong. We think rewards, money, etc. motivate us. While these things might motivate us in the short term, what motivates us in the long term is the sheer joy of solving a problem. There seem to be other chapters in the book which are centered around motivation at work, motivation for an individual, motivation for a company, etc. Can't wait to complete this book and probably write a full review or summary of it!

'Model Home' by J Courtney Sullivan

I am reading this book also through Kindle and I have complete around 16% of it. It is a short story centered around Katie and Damian - the co-hosts of a reality TV show about showing houses to buyers. Katie enjoys working for the show but Damian hates it and wants to not renew their contract. Katie feels like her marriage is rotting and she even thinks that her daughters hate her. Until now, I think the book has been quite entertaining. Can't wait to finish it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restaurants That I Ate At Recently (Part 5)

Books I Have Been Reading Recently (Part 10)

Five Most Patriotic Movies on Amazon Prime Video India Right Now