Books I Have Been Reading Recently (Part 5)

'Inspiring Thoughts' by Swami Vivekananda 

I have read more than 80% of this book and its quite good. The book has wise sayings of Swami Vivekananda and it also has aesthetic illustrations. I am reading this book in the Kindle version and the Kindle version is free if you are an Amazon Prime member. So do read this book if what you are looking for is a quick yet useful read. There is a similar book which has sayings by APJ Abdul Kalam. I might read that next. The sayings in this book by Swami Vivekananda are quite relatable and easy to understand as well. I do recommend this book.

'Rumi's Little Book of Life' by Rumi

This book is a collection of poems by the poet Rumi. The poems were originally written in Persian but have been translated by translators and made into this book which is available in English. I am reading this book also through Kindle and this book is also available for free for Amazon Prime members. I am done with more than 20% of the book and this book has beautiful poetry. Some poems are a little hard to grasp, we need to read them carefully and multiple times in order to understand the true meaning. Other poems are short and easy to understand. Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone interested in poetry.

'The Secret Adversary' by Agatha Christie

This book is about two people - Tommy and Tuppence who are in dire need of money and the job market has a scarcity of jobs, so they decide to open their own business. A man overhears this conversation and tries to hire Tuppence alone for a job, but she unknowingly reveals a significant name to him which makes him think that she already knows what the job is. He gives her some money and flees. Tuppence tells all this to Tommy and Tommy tells her that the name she said to the man was a name that he - Tommy himself had overheard at the restaurant and told her about it and that maybe that is why she used that name. They try to find more information about the name and get hired by the government on a secret mission. But a criminal - Mr. Brown is always one step ahead of them. Will they be able to find Jane Finn? I got to read to find out. Overall, I would recommend this book to all Agatha Christie lovers. I have read only about seven chapters as of now I think, but it is a phenomenal book. This book is the one which introduces Tommy and Tuppence. They also feature in three other novels of Agatha Christie. This book is available for free as a part of an Agatha Christie collected works book on Kindle Unlimited. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restaurants That I Ate At Recently (Part 5)

Books I Have Been Reading Recently (Part 10)

Five Most Patriotic Movies on Amazon Prime Video India Right Now