A Diwali Prayer

O everlasting light,

Take away our fright

And give us might

And delight

Along with foresight.


This prayer is already true in a way. Light does take away our fright when we are scared of darkness. And when we light lamps, it brings us delight because of the sheer number of lights in the room. And when we are scared of darkness and we use light, it does give us some might. It also lets us see things which are far away yet approaching, so it gives us foresight too. But with this prayer, what I actually mean is.. When I say 'light', I am referring to the Gods and Goddesses. And I am asking God to take away the fears that we have within ourselves. I am asking God to give us strength to be graceful throughout suffering. I am asking God to give us the wisdom to stay happy with what we have and what we are. I am asking God to help us take decisions which are future-proof. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restaurants That I Ate At Recently (Part 5)

Books I Have Been Reading Recently (Part 10)

Five Most Patriotic Movies on Amazon Prime Video India Right Now