We Are More Powerful Than Light Itself

If I was a lamp in a little tin,

And I was about to go dim,

Would you put some more oil

In me, or throw me away like a tin foil?


The above poem was born in my mind when I was going to collect the lamps from around the house. So during Deepavali, we light lamps and keep them all around the house. And after the lamps run out of oil and stop burning, we collect them, clean them and store them. So on one such ocassion, I was up and about to go collect the lamps. I found one lamp which was burning just a little, it was out of oil, just a little left. And I thought, should I take it or let it run its course? And then I thought the same thing happens to humans. We all start with some energy, some momentum, but when we are about to run out of energy or when we lose focus, people around us (friends, colleagues, siblings, etc) or people above us (teachers, professors, managers, parents, etc) have two choices: either to pick us up, help us, believe in us or to give up on us. Most people give up on us. But we are not actual lamps. A lamp is helpless, it does not have hands, it cannot pour oil into itself. But we have hands, legs, a mind and much more. We can do a lot more for ourselves than other people can do for us. We just need to believe in ourselves and work on ourselves. We need to regain focus and purpose when we are lost. We need to get rid of distractions and obstacles. We need to gain knowledge and skills. I want to end this post with one note: Nothing is impossible. By the way, I let the lamp run its course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restaurants That I Ate At Recently (Part 5)

Books I Have Been Reading Recently (Part 10)

Five Most Patriotic Movies on Amazon Prime Video India Right Now