Books I Have Been Reading Recently (Part 8)

Twisted Love by Ana Huang

I am reading this book on Audible and I am going to complete it. The book has 44 Chapters and I am on Chapter 43. The book is about Ava and Alex who fall in love but their dark pasts get in the way. Both of them have deep childhood trauma that haunts them till today and when they finally meet they discover truths which had been buried for years. I am also liking the other characters in the book such as Ava's friends - Stella, Bridgette, Jules and Ava's brother - Josh, etc. I found some parts of the book to be predictable though and so I might end up giving this book a 3/5 stars, not sure though since I am rooting for the ending to surprise me.

Below Zero by Ali Hazelwood

I am reading this book in paperback and I actually am liking this novella more than its predecessors - 'Stuck with you' & 'Under One Roof'. I think I like this one more because the main character Hannah is so much more relatable and realistic. She is not this perfect, studious girl but she is someone who was not interested in studies initially but then really got interested in space and got a Phd. Now she is working at NASA and she hates the chief of engineering whom she had a one night stand with 4 years ago. In the end they will get together I guess. I think I will give this book a 4/5 stars once I finish it. I have about 40 pages left.

Batman Year One by Frank Miller

Technically I have finished reading this book, I have completed all the four parts, I am just yet to complete the tidbits which are there towards the end of the book which talk about the process of writing the book, sample initial drafts, etc. So the book itself is a comic or graphic novella. It has amazing illustrations and compelling text. The story is about how Batman started his vigilante journey, that is, how Bruce Wayne became Batman. The book has some great characters like James Gordon, Essen, Fallas, Dent, Barbara, Selena, etc. The plot was a little bit thinner than I would have liked and so I think I will give this book a 4/5 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restaurants That I Ate At Recently (Part 5)

Books I Have Been Reading Recently (Part 10)

Five Most Patriotic Movies on Amazon Prime Video India Right Now