Reviews of Recently Released Movies (Part 3)

A Haunting in Venice

This movie is based on a book by Agatha Christie called 'Halloween Party'. I have not read the book yet and maybe I won't ever read it because I did not like the movie that much. I was very excited about the movie since I am a huge Agatha Christie fan. But I was disappointed that the movie did not match my expectations. I felt like it lacked method. Usually, in Christie novels, the main thing is how Poirot finds out who the killer is. The final reveal is what we all wait for, the climax to the whodunnit. But, here, the climax seemed too short, too brief, too shallow. I liked the setting, the plot, but was disappointed by the ending. I was hoping for it to be something more grander. Anyway, I would still give it a 3/5 stars. Also, the movie is about how Poirot is retired and yet he is invited by a murder mystery writer to a seance. He does not believe in ghosts and busts the tricks of the people who are conducting the seance. One by one, in the same night, people end up dead at the house where the seance was done. Poirot investigates and finds the killer at end. 

Miss Shetty Mr. Polishetty

This is a film about two people - a girl and a guy. The girl is a chef in London who lives with her single mother. The guy works in an IT company and also does freelance standup comedy while living in India with his family. The girl's mother wants her to get married but the girl saw her mother suffer as a single mom and does not believe in marriage. Her mother is diagnosed with a terminal illness and so they move back to their motherland - India. When her mother passes away, the girl feels lonely and decides to become a mother by using a sperm donor. That's why she meets the guy described earlier. The story unfolds from there. Personally, I did not like this movie. I found it boring, draggy, redundant and just not interesting. I would give it a 2/5 stars. I watched the movie in Tamil but it is also available in other languages like Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada. 

Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahani

This movie is about a girl - Rani Chatterjee who works in a news channel and Rocky Randhawa - to-be-CEO of Dhanalaxmi sweets, a sweets business which his grandma started. The two of them meet because Rocky's grandpa and Rani's grandma were romantically involved years ago and now Rocky's grandpa is getting back memories of her after having lost his memory years ago by falling down a staircase in his house while reading poetry. Rocky and Rani try to reunite the lovers and they themselves also fall in love along the process. The movie has a lot of family drama, romance drama, etc. It was quite entertaining. I would recommend watching it! I would give it a 4/5 stars.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restaurants That I Ate At Recently (Part 5)

Books I Have Been Reading Recently (Part 10)

Five Most Patriotic Movies on Amazon Prime Video India Right Now