Reviews of Recently Released Movies (Part 5)

Jigarthanda DoubleX

I mainly wanted to watch this movie because S J Suryah is in it and I really liked his recent performances in Mark Antony and also Manadu. But the story of the movie was very sad. I did like the movie though and I  would rate it a 4/5 stars. The premise is somewhat similar to the Hindi movie Bachan Pandey but the message of the movie is entirely different. The story is about a goon (played by Raghava Lawrence) who wants to be a hero in the first Indian movie which has a dusky lead as he himself is dusky and is made fun of on one ocassion because of it. The person whom he chooses to direct the movie is a person who wants to kill him because this person was wrongfully sent to jail for a crime that Raghava Lawrence did. This wrongfully accused character is played by S J Suryah. From here, the movies gets interesting and we see some funny parts and some sad parts. We see how Raghava Lawrence's character goes from goon to hero overnight. Overall, an awesome movie and a must-watch! Read my tweet about this movie here.

Tiger 3

This movie had many similarities with the movie Pathaan. I wrote a whole article on this which you can read here. Other than that, I liked the movie. It had awesome action scenes. And the number of songs in the movie were also considerably less when compared to other Bollywood films, so no time was wasted. I would rate this movie a 4/5 stars. You can check out some of my tweets about this movie over herehereherehere and here. I think this is a must-watch movie if you liked other movies in the YRF spy universe. Except for the plot similarities with Pathaan, this was a great movie! To give a brief synopsis, the movie is about Tiger finding out that Zoya is working as a double agent. The backstory of Zoya is also shown. Then we find out why Zoya is working as a double agent and then Tiger and Zoya are forced to steal something for Aatish Rehman. The entire movie is about the heist and its aftermath. 

Ganapath: A Hero is Born 

I did not like this movie much. The premise was great but the execution was not so great. The movie is set in 2070 where the world is divided into two parts - one part of the world is filled with elite and rich people whereas the other part is filled with poor people. Ganapath is born in the poor part but is given off to the rich part and he grows up to be rich but somehow he finds his way back to his roots and helps his people while also falling in love and finding his biological father. The plot is also kinda good but the movie was a little bit boring and dull. But Tiger Shroff's dances were amazing in the movie and I really liked them. I would rate this movie a 3/5 stars. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restaurants That I Ate At Recently (Part 5)

Books I Have Been Reading Recently (Part 10)

Five Most Patriotic Movies on Amazon Prime Video India Right Now